Hail season has been in full effect here in Centennial. With sporadic severe hailstorms making their way throughout the state, it can seem difficult properly preparing for one. Even though rain and lightning tend to be the beginning signs of a hail storm, hail can appear at any given time even on a sunny day. Here are the top 10 tips on how to prevent hail damage to your car:
8 Tips on How to Prevent Hail Damage to Your Centennial Car
- If you’re driving during a hailstorm, find covered parking immediately. You can use your GPS to locate the closest gas station or parking structure for overhead protection.
- Use blankets, hail car covers, or your floor mats to protect your car if you don’t have covered protection nearby. Always be careful and be aware of the size of hail present– don’t jeopardize your own safety to protect your car.
- While hailstorms in Centennial can come out of nowhere, checking the weather before you leave can help you better prepare. Parking in a structure rather than the street if the forecast shows rain is always a good call.
- Make sure you have comprehensive insurance or rental coverage– this is crucial for anywhere in Colorado.
- Find a covered parking solution if you don’t have a garage. Purchasing a carport or space in a parking structure can lower your risk of auto hail damage.
- Moving your car closer to a building during a hailstorm can help provide more shelter if overhead protection isn’t available.
- Covering your windshield or other parts of your vehicle with cardboard or protective layer can also help minimize hail damage.
- Installing paint protection film will keep your car looking fresh while also providing mild to moderate protection from hail.
Work with Centennial’s Trusted Paintless Dent Repair Specialists
United Hail Pros is here to provide comprehensive support and effective paintless dent repair services for all of our Centennial clients. We’ll work with you through the claims process and ensure you have everything you need for a convenient auto hail damage repair.
For more information regarding preventative hail damage tips, please contact us!